Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Space aftermath and sketches

So,
S.P.A.C.E. was real nice. I didn't end up making my Amelia 3 preview, just didn't have enough time, so sorry about that. But, other than that I was well prepared for the con and ended up having a great time.
It ended up being a 13 hour drive to Columbus, and on the way back the same amount of time, but all in the rain.
The con itself was not that well attended, but there was still brisk business. One thing that struck me was how nice everyone was. I met some real cool cartoonists, saw some real sweet books, made a couple cool trades. I met Guy Davis, who I've been a big fan of for a long time. I traded with Mark Bloodworth, who's got some real cool comics
After the con a friend of mine who lives in Columbus told us about Studio 35. It's a cool old theater that was having a...get this... beer tasting, local Columbus beers and screening of Pee Wee's Big Adventure! Yeah, so I had a good time.

So, here's some more sketchbook and marker drawings, a couple of these I did at Space.
breeders2
you might remember this drawing, but with marker color.

More Freddy drawings (have I mentioned how pumped I am for the remake?),
freddy-5
freddy-6
Nancy, final girl
freddy-4
centipedragon
half dragon half centipede, all stupid
sadmonster
I don't know what that is
ameliasketch
Amelia
there's more on my flickr page, I might post them later.

2 comments:

Mark Bloodworth said...

Denis,
It was a pleasure meeting and trading books with you, too. I sent you an email the other day (hope the spam filters didn't snag it). Keep up the good work. We are all waiting for book 3.
Best,
Mark Bloodworth

Mike Madsen said...

I have read both the comics I bought from you. They contain much humor and interest. Thank you for them. And the sticky eyeball. I don't know what I'm going to do with it.